You can cook Marron Custard using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Marron Custard
- It's 100 grams of Kuri an (sweet chestnut paste) (https://cookpad.com/en/recipes/170074-kuri-an-sweet-chestnut-paste.
- You need 2 large of (optional) sweet chestnuts in syrup.
- It's 1 large of Egg.
- You need 18 grams of Soft brown sugar.
- It's 6 grams of Cornstarch.
- Prepare 120 grams of Milk.
- Prepare 1 of Rum essence or vanilla essence (to taste).
Marron Custard instructions
- This is the recipe for the sweet chestnut paste I used for this custard: (https://cookpad.com/en/recipes/170074-kuri-an-sweet-chestnut-paste).
- Combine the soft brown sugar and cornstarch in a bowl, and mix well with a whisk. Add 20 ml of the milk and mix well..
- Add the egg into the batter from Step 2, and mix well. Add the sweet chestnut paste and mix..
- Add the rest of the milk, a little at a time, into the batter from Step 3 and mix well until even..
- Microwave uncovered for 1 minute and 30 seconds at 600 W. Remove from the microwave and mix with a whisk. Repeat once more. Mix thoroughly..
- Check the texture of the cream, and microwave to your desired texture, if necessary. Add the finely chopped sweet chestnuts in syrup and the essence, and mix..
- Tightly wrap the cream with plastic wrap without air pockets and thoroughly chill. Then it's done..
- It's delicious to use as a filling for cream bread rolls, or for seasonal tarts..