Sweet Corn Bread Pudding. Combine corn, cream, eggs, baking powder, cornmeal, Parmesan, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Add cubed bread and fold to combine. Pour batter into skillet, right on top of the onion.
Pour batter into skillet, right on top of the onion mixture. Stir in cornbread mix just until blended. And then there is sweet cornbread pudding where all of those good things come together. You can have Sweet Corn Bread Pudding using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet Corn Bread Pudding
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, diced fine.
- It's 1 of -ounce unsalted butter.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of thyme.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of rosemary.
- Prepare 1 (15 ounce) of can creamed style sweet corn.
- You need 1 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of yellow cornmeal, whole grain, stone ground.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese.
- It's 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- It's to taste of Ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 cups of French bread, cubed - https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/11150460-french-bread.
It's the comfort food that your holidays cannot do without, especially when it comes to Thanksgiving and Christmas. To make a double batch or a crowd-sized version. Serve this easy cornbread pudding featuring super sweet corn and cornbread mixed together in a creamy casserole that is a must on any holiday table. I am always on the search for easy recipes that I can make at the holidays.
Sweet Corn Bread Pudding instructions
- Heat oven to 350 degrees..
- In a Cast Iron Skillet, sweat onions with butter for 5-10 minutes until translucent then add herbs..
- Combine corn, cream, eggs, baking powder, cornmeal, parmesan, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Add cubed bread and fold to combine. Pour batter into skillet, right on top of the onion mixture. Bake 50 minutes, or until set. Cool slightly before serving..
Corn pudding is creamy, buttery, and sweet! It's the perfect side dish to any dinner or holiday meal - and especially great during cold weather! If you love corn, you'll also love our slow cooker creamed corn, corn bread, or our Mexican Street Corn. Combine white sugar, salt, flour, eggs, milk, whipping cream, butter, and nutmeg in a bowl and whisk together. Place casserole dish in oven and bake for one hour.