Wedang Ronde (Our Kitchen Recipes). Wedang Ronde is a traditional ginger drink from West Java, Indonesia. From our recent posts, we know that many of you love masala chai as much as we do. Here's another aromatic, spiced beverage to try.
Wedang ronde is Indonesian version of tang yuan (汤圆). While the Chinese traditionally prepare tang yuan during winter solstice, Indonesian simply make this on a whim, though_ wedang ronde_ is best enjoyed in rainy seasons when the temperature dips. Wedang ronde is commonly stuffed with ground. You can cook Wedang Ronde (Our Kitchen Recipes) using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Wedang Ronde (Our Kitchen Recipes)
- It's 250 g of glutinous rice flour (A).
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt. (A).
- You need 100 ml of warm water (A).
- You need 2 of different colours of food dye (preferably pink and green).
- Prepare of Optional Ball Filling.
- You need 100 g of roasted peanuts (B).
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of sugar (B).
- Prepare of For the Ginger drink.
- It's 10 slices of roasted ginger (C).
- You need 1-2 pieces of lemon grass (C).
- You need 2 of pandan leaves (C).
- You need 200 g of brown sugar (C).
- It's 1/2 tsp of salt (C).
How to make wedang ronde from Dapur Rasamasa (Rasamasa Kitchen). For the ronde crust: mix glutinous rice flour, sago flour, salt, and lime paste. Lihat juga resep Wedang Ronde (Tanpa Isi) enak lainnya. wedang ronde. traditional drinks derived from Java is able to warm up in the winter. in Java this drink very much like it. Wedang Ronde Recipe - One of the unique recipes of the archipelago that cannot be forgotten is Wedang.
Wedang Ronde (Our Kitchen Recipes) step by step
- Add all ingredients labelled (A) together in a large glass mixing bowl. Mix until dough is formed..
- Seperate dough into three portions in three separate bowls. Leaving one white, die each of the remaining two portions of doigh with a different colour food dye (e.g. one green and one pink)..
- Grind ingredients labelled (B) together until it forms a mix of fine crumbs/chunks of peanut and sugar..
- Make small discs with the coloured dough and fill with the peanut sugar mixture in each disc, pinching them closed and forming smooth ball shapes. Boil finished balls for X minutes until XXX..
- To make drink... Combine all (C) ingredients in boiling pan and simmer until sugar is dissolved and drink is fragrant..
- To serve: Add the boiled white, pink and green balls, roasted peanuts and diced bread to the ginger drink..
Wedang in a general dictionary can also be called a drink that is leaning towards the warm. Traditional Drink Recipes have distinctive characteristics and generally have benefits (individual. This Wedang Ronde recipe today I took from Sajian Sedap with my minor adjustment base on ingredients availability in my kitchen. Sajian Sedap is popular Indonesian cooking sites. It's great site with hundreds of tested recipes.