Almond Crumble Mince Pies.
You can have Almond Crumble Mince Pies using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Almond Crumble Mince Pies
- Prepare 300 g of plain flour.
- You need 175 g of butter (usually pastry is half fat to flour but I use extra for added buttery crispness).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of caster sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 of egg yolk.
- Prepare of Last-minute Christmas mincemeat https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/480570-last-minute-christmas-mincemeat?ref=recipe.
- Prepare of For the streusel topping:.
- Prepare 100 g of plain flour.
- You need 60 g of butter, at room temperature.
- You need 50 g of demerara sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It's 50 g of flaked almonds.
Almond Crumble Mince Pies step by step
- Put the flour, butter and cinnamon in a food processor and gradually pulse until you have a mixture the texture of fine breadcrumbs. You can also do this by hand using your finger tips to rub the butter into the flour..
- Add the sugar and egg yolk, and about 2 tbsp water. Pulse until the dough starts to form..
- When the pastry looks like this, tip it out onto a floured surface and use your hands to gently bring together into a ball. Flatten, wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 20 minutes..
- For the streusel topping, place the flour, butter, sugar and cinnamon in a food processor and pulse to fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the flaked almonds..
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Roll out the chilled pastry and cut out circles of dough big enough to line bun tins, there was enough pastry to make 24, but I had one deep set of tins and one shallow set..
- Half fill the shells with mincemeat, then sprinkle the streusel mixture over to cover. Sprinkle a few slivered almonds on the top of each and then bake in the oven for about 20 to 25 minutes until golden..
- Allow to sit in the tins for about 5 to 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire tray. Serve warm, dusted with icing sugar and topped with a spoonful of brandy cream..