Mely's ultimate enchiladas. When all the corn tortillas are filled and arranged in the baking dish, pour the chili can as a topping on top of the enchiladas. To finish top with a package of shredded cheese. Mely Martínez's Enchiladas Verdes (Green Enchiladas) We independently select these products—if you buy from one of our links, we may earn a commission.
My friends who have eaten there have enjoyed the chicken enchiladas, and the Alex's Supper which serves two. Their ultimate margaritas are the best if you like frozen margaritas. They do not skimp on the Tequila. You can cook Mely's ultimate enchiladas using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mely's ultimate enchiladas
- You need of Ground Meat.
- You need 2 lb of ground beef.
- It's 3 tbsp of sofrito (recipe on my recipes) (optional).
- It's 5 tbsp of tomato sauce.
- You need 1 of adobo or salt to taste.
- You need 1 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare of Topping.
- It's 1 can of Armour chili with beans, mild.
- You need 1 packages of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 10 large of corn tortillas or 14 small.
- You need of Meat filling.
- Prepare 1 packages of 8 oz cream cheese, softened.
- You need 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- You need 5 oz of salsa verde (available in the mexican aisle on supermarkets).
- It's 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of taco sauce, mild.
If you're familiar with this blog, you might know that I have the recipes for Mole Poblano, Enchiladas Tabasqueñas, and Mole Casserole, but there are plenty of more uses for the Mole sauce in Mexican Gastronomy, such as baking tamales with it, serving them with nopales (Nopalitos con Mole), or simply topping fried eggs with it for breakfast. So simple, so fast, so delicious! If we're talking simple weeknight dinners, it doesn't get much better than this easy chicken enchilada casserole. How to Prepare Favorite Brisket Tacos.
Mely's ultimate enchiladas step by step
- Salt the ground meat to taste with the adobo or salt. Add oil to a pan. If using sofrito, add sofrito and the tomato sauce. Let it cook for about 3-5 mins..
- Add meat to the pan and mix with the sofrito mixture. Cook the ground meat until is done. Set aside..
- In a bowl mix the sour cream, cream cheese, salsa verde, 1 cup of taco sauce and 1/2 of shredded cheese.
- Add the meat to the sauce mixture. Set aside..
- Add 1/2 cup of taco sauce to a 15 x 10 inch Baking Dish..
- Add cooking spray to a pan and "fry" each corn tortilla on both sides and transfer to the baking dish filling each one with 2-3 tablespoons of meat mixture..
- When all the corn tortillas are filled and arranged in the baking dish, pour the chili can as a topping on top of the enchiladas..
- To finish top with a package of shredded cheese..
- Bake at 350°F for about 30 mins or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Enjoy!!!.
Authentic Mexican recipes presented in an easy, step-by-step process so that you can cook an authentic Mexican meal in your own kitchen; each post also adds a little background about the history of the recipe and the region of the country where it originated. Enchiladas: Aztec to Tex-Mex is an in-depth exploration of one of Mexico's most historic and popular foods. Illustrated with sumptuous photography, the book showcases more than sixty traditional and contemporary recipes for enchiladas, as well as recipes for the salsas, salads, and sides that accompany them. Tyler has the ultimate recipe for a tasty Chicken Enchilada meal. Recipes: Chicken Enchiladas with Roasted Tomatillo Chile Salsa, Spicy Black Beans and Yellow Rice, Crunchy Jicama and Mango.