Mike's, "Roast UR Own Chiles" + 20 Recipes.
You can cook Mike's, "Roast UR Own Chiles" + 20 Recipes using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's, "Roast UR Own Chiles" + 20 Recipes
- It's of Roasted Chiles.
- Prepare 1 of Fresh Green Chiles Of Your Choosing [we only use Hatch Chilies].
- Prepare 1 of Gas Stove - Grill - Any Open Flame.
- You need 1 large of Ziplock Bag Or A Tall Brown Paper Bag.
- It's 1 of Pair Tongs.
Mike's, "Roast UR Own Chiles" + 20 Recipes step by step
- OPEN ANY WINDOWS AND DOORS IF POSSIBLE AND TURN ON YOUR CEILING AND OVEN FANS! TRUST ME FOLKS! IT CAN GET STOUT! :0).
- Place fresh chiles on gas stove or grill. Fire until skins are bubbling, blackened, charred and popping but not burnt. Too long of roasting time will make your chiles mushy. Turn frequently until all sides are blackened and charred..
- Wearing plastic gloves, place chiles in Ziplock bag [or even a tall, wine bottle style paper bag-taller is better for steaming these] and seal them airtight until they've fully sweated off their skins. About 15 minutes or until they've just slightly cooled..
- While still warm, peel, de-seed [if desired] and chop chiles by hand. DO NOT rinse chilies under water to fully clean skins! You'll strip them of that fantastic roasted flavor! Know that small pieces of skins left on your chiles are harmless and will only serve to enhance your flavor..
- You can also freeze these Hatch Green Chiles in your Ziplock bag safely for months, peeled or unpeeled..
- Dried Green Chile Cost: About $11.00 per 1/2 pound and is available in Mild, Hot & Extra Hot. Know that the Extra Hot is much harder to come by and is usually on backorder. New Mexico Chile & Ristra NewMexicoChileAndRistra.com 1-(505)-603-3359.
- Use your roasted chiles anyway you'd like. Seeds left in for more adventurous pallets? Or, in stews, soups, chile verdes, with smothered burritos, over omelets, in breads, etc. Listed below are several delicious and flat out memorable green chile recipe ideas for you to peruse and try out. Enjoy! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/340990-mikes-garlic-habanero-chile-sauce https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/339041-mikes-chimichangas-green-chile-sauce https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/353608-mikes-easy-cheesy-fried-burritos https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/360949-mikes-green-chile-stew https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/344608-mikes-smothered-soft-chicken-tacos https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/351917-mikes-green-chile-cream-cheese-wontons https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/347731-mikes-green-chile-hangover-hash https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/364020-mikes-green-chile-grilled-cheese https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/367955-mikes-tortilla-soup-green-chile-corn-bread https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/354259-mikes-new-mexico-slopper https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/362980-mikes-very-verde-salsa https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/365136-mikes-green-chilie-chicken-sauce https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/347569-mikes-green-chile-enchiladas-de-cilantro https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/363704-mikes-green-chile-chicken-chimmies https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/349871-mikes-garlic-salsa-fresca-or-ceviche https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/356329-mikes-green-chile-cheeseburgers https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/354322-mikes-authentic-new-mexican-green-chile-burritos https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/367872-mikes-easy-chile-verde-sauce https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/368653-mikes-green-chile-pinwheels https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/349604-mikes-1-minute-green-chile-enchilada-sauce.