Amish bakery custard pie. Amish rhubarb custard pie combines the tart flavors of rhubarb with a rich custard for a perfectly balanced dessert. Add a little crumb topping on top for crunch and you've got a recipe for the perfect rhubarb custard dessert. My dad's been talking about rhubarb pie since I was a little kid, but rhubarb.
The perfect combination of milk, eggs, sugar, and nutmeg, no one will know how easy it was to prepare. Do you need a recipe for a wonderful blackberry pie? This Amish Country Pumpkin Custard is the perfect pie for the holidays! You can have Amish bakery custard pie using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Amish bakery custard pie
- It's 1 of (9 in) baked pie crust *(see my recipes for a quick no-roll pie crust).
- It's 3/4 cup of sugar.
- It's 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- It's 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It's 2 1/2 cup of half-and-half.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of (1 stick) butter.
- It's 1/4 cup of packed light brown sugar.
- It's 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 of ground cinnamon for sprinkling on top.
If you want something a little different than your traditional pumpkin pie during the holidays, but want to keep it in the pumpkin category, you may want to try this! Custard pie is pure and simple comfort food. The inside is moist and creamy and the crusty has the perfect crumb. This is exactly why I prefer Amish-inspired recipes because they I am so excited to make this Amish custard bakery pie.
Amish bakery custard pie instructions
- preheat oven to 325°F.
- in a medium saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. whisk in the half-and-half and then cook over medium heat until mixture is thickened and bubbly. .. remembering to stir frequently so that it doesn't stick or scorch..
- remove from heat, add butter, brown sugar and vanilla and stir til butter is melted. pour into baked pie shell and sprinkle with cinnamon. (I usually have a little custard left over... ao I put it in oven safe custard cups and bake it alongside the pie).
- bake 35 minutes. CENTER OF PIE WILL NOT BE SET! this is important. the center will still be loose. cool pie 1 hour, then refrigerate 6 - 8 hours. pie will set upon chilling. do not skimp on the refrigerator time..
- slice... plate... enjoy!.
- just to let everyone know. .. this is not my recipe. I found it on the Mr Food test kitchen website..
As I gaze at the photo I can feel my mouth begin to water! This is the time of year for rhubarb and it's a mainstay in Amish kitchens, which means recipes like Rhubarb Custard Pie become the norm. Coconut Custard Pie Fried Pie Molasses Pie PA Dutch Sour Cherry Pie Pumpkin Pie Rhubarb Pie Raspberry Cream Pie Raspberry & Currant Pie Ground Cherry Shoofly pie is practically synonymous with the Amish. This molasses-based pie with a crumbly surface comes in both the wet-bottom and. Separate eggs and beat yolks with milk.