Baked Goulash #mommasrecipes. Boil water, cook pasta as directed on package, drain. Skim off excess fat, and stir in the onions and garlic. Baked Goulash is a ground beef casserole that will surely stand the test of time!
Bring to boil then lower heat and simmer for at least one hour. While sauce is cooking bring a pot of water to boil and cook noodles al dente right before sauce is done. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. You can cook Baked Goulash #mommasrecipes using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked Goulash #mommasrecipes
- Prepare 8 oz of elbow macaroni.
- You need 1 pound of Ground Beef.
- Prepare 1 jar of Ragu pasta sauce (I use traditional style meat).
- Prepare 1 can of Pieces and Stems mushrooms.
- You need 1/2 of a Yellow Onion diced (or a generous amt of Dry Minced Onion).
- You need 1/2 of a Green Pepper diced (optional).
- It's 1 cup of (or more) Shredded Mozzarella - divided.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Grated Parmesan Cheese.
- You need of Generous sprinkle of Dried Italian Seasoning.
Add ground beef and cook until no longer. Drain off excess liquid then add remaining ingredients except cheese; mix well. Hungarian Goulash Talk about your heirloom recipes! My grandmother made this Hungarian goulash recipe for my mother when she was a child, and Mom made it for us to enjoy.
Baked Goulash #mommasrecipes step by step
- Brown the ground beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat.
- Drain the fat if there is too much.
- Add mushrooms and finish browning the meat.
- Stir in the sauce, reserving about 1 cup.
- In a glass baking dish spread about a cup of sauce in the bottom to prevent sticking.
- Layer macaroni, then sauce, then mozzarella. Repeat with remaining macaroni, sauce, and mozzarella..
- Top with Parmesan Cheese and Italian Seasoning.
- Bake at 350 for 7 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce is hot.
- Get ready for guests to ask for more..
Paprika and caraway add wonderful flavor and sour cream gives it a creamy richness. It's simply scrumptious! —Marcia Doyle, Pompano, Florida How to Make Goulash The macaroni is cooked separately, so follow the directions on the box to cook that. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the burger and chopped onions, then grind a bunch of black pepper over it. Cook until beef is browned and onions are translucent. Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat.