Beet & Carrot Salad.
You can have Beet & Carrot Salad using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beet & Carrot Salad
- You need 2 of beets.
- Prepare 3 of carrots; oblique cut.
- It's 3 of fresno chiles; minced.
- It's 6 slices of bacon.
- You need 4 of mint leaves; chiffonade.
- You need 2 of radishes; baton cut.
- Prepare 1 of shallot.
- You need 12 of chives; baton cut.
- Prepare 1 of orange; zested.
- You need 1/2 C of white vinegar.
- You need 2 handfuls of baby spinach & baby arugula mix.
- Prepare 1/4 C of "Parsley & Lemon Vinaigrette" (see my recipes).
- Prepare 1 pinch of kosher salt & black pepper.
Beet & Carrot Salad instructions
- Scrub beets well. Leave skins on and 1 inch of root on the end to help retain color during cooking. Cover with cold, salted water by about 1 inch over beets. Add vinegar. Boil until easily pierced with a paring knife, about 20 minutes. Rub skins off beets under running water..
- Lay bacon on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper and bake at 400° for approximately 12 minutes or until bacon is crispy. Pat bacon dry between paper towels. Dice bacon into medium sized pieces. Drain bacon fat into a small saute pan..
- Boil carrots in cold water with a pinch of salt and sugar until carrots brighten in color and are tender. Drain. Cool in an ice bath for just a few minutes ubtul carrots cool. Remove from ice bath amd let sit at room temp..
- Saute shallots with a pinch of salt in the bacon fat..
- Toss spinach and baby arugula with vinaigrette..
- Lay 2-3 slices of beets on each plate. Top beets with greens. Top greens with radishes. Lay carrots and shallots around the salad. Sprinkle bacon, mint, chives, fresno chiles, salt, and pepper atop the salad. Garnish with orange zest..
- Variations; Parsley, almonds, apple, walnut, bleu cheese, goat cheese, lime, lemon, horseradish, turmeric, celery, cardamom, dill, garlic, habanero, jalapeño, bell peppers, squash, scallions, ginger, rosemary, thyme, olives, honey, balsamic, pecans, avocado, fennel, red onion, dill, yogurt, orange, currants, endive, coriander, creme fraiche, dates, dijon, grapefruit, tarragon, ginger, watercress, lentils, pistachios, ricotta, sherry, mustard.