Pesto Roasted Asparagus. This Red Pesto Roasted Asparagus recipe checks all the boxes and then some! I'm not going to pretend that my Instagram feed during the month of December isn't mostly buttery, sugary. This pesto recipe doubles easily; keep any extra in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Roasted asparagus in the oven is one of the easiest way to prepare asparagus. Just coat the asparagus with a little olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and maybe a little minced garlic, and. This is a pesto pasta recipe with a side of roasted asparagus. You can have Pesto Roasted Asparagus using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pesto Roasted Asparagus
- It's 2 bundles of asparagus; trimmed.
- It's 1 of lemon; zested.
- You need 1 t of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 of recipe "Bacon-Arugula Chicken" (see my recipes, omit chicken).
- You need 1 of small pinch kosher salt & black pepper.
- You need as needed of EVOO.
Roasted asparagus is a wonderful side dish on its own, but combined with the usual pesto ingredients it makes for a surprising sauce that stands up to the nutty flavor of whole-wheat pasta. Like for this pasta dish here, I tossed the pesto in some simple ingredients like sun dried tomatoes, roasted asparagus and mozzarella cubes, finishing it off with a fried egg, and it was seriously one of. The pesto was wonderful, but the earthy flavor of the asparagus was unfortunately overshadowed by the. Roasted asparagus crostini is such an easy appetizer!
Pesto Roasted Asparagus instructions
- Toss asparagus with enough oil to coat. Season with onion powder, salt and pepper. Add 1 C pesto. Toss. Lay flat on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Scoop all pesto out of the bowl atop the asparagus. Bake at 400° for approximately 15 minutes or until asparagus is tender..
- Garnish with lemon zest..
- Variations; Yellow bell pepper, red wine vinegar, feta, paprika, shallots, habanero, bacon, pancetta, chives, cilantro, scallions, leeks, ramps, ginger, crushed pepper flakes, parsely, chili powder, serrano, lime, lemon juice, romano, gruyere, parmigiano reggiano, pecorino, spinach, arugula, almond pesto, sherry, aioli, red onion, red bell pepper, capers, chickpeas, eggplant, leeks, portobello, walnut, almond, pistachios, peanut, olives, honey, oregano, white pepper, rosemary, yellow squash, zucchini, tomato, balsamic, red wine vinegar, champagne vinegar, green beans, brown butter, romano, gruyere, fennel, fennel seed, green garlic, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds.
Lightly toasted bread is topped with creamy ricotta cheese, pesto and perfectly roasted asparagus. Simple, fresh, and perfect for entertaining. soak up asparagus season with these roasted lemony pesto asparagus dish! perfect for springtime or if you're willing to shell out the cash (or live in California) — any time of year! Making asparagus pesto lets you use the peel, which contains a ton of flavor even though it's sometimes too tough and stringy to eat Puréeing lets you sidestep this issue: you keep the peel, and. The wheat berries are cooked, cooled, and tossed with homemade arugula-pistachio pesto, which I love. I can make a big batch of pesto and keep it in my fridge or freezer, and then quickly cook up a batch of any seasonal veggie (asparagus is one of my favorites) in five minutes using my quick-roasting.