Beef and Peas. An exciting movie starring Aidan, featuring the eating of beef and peas. After five minutes remove the lid, add the peas and stir through. Poke some holes into the rice to allow any steam to escape and continue to cook with the.
For such a simple dish, beef and peas really gets you going. There's two secret ingredients that It would not be Beef and Peas. It took me awhile to figure out the secret. You can have Beef and Peas using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef and Peas
- It's 300 grams of flank, sliced thinly (you can also use other meat, like the ones they use in sukiyaki.).
- You need 1/2 tsp of onion salt -- https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/2654409-onion-salt-2-ingredients (regular salt would do).
- You need 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- You need 3 tbsp of apple or grape juice.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It's 3 tbsp of maizena.
- You need 3 tbsp of oil.
- It's 1/2 cup of frozen peas.
- It's 2 tbsp of shoyu.
- It's 2 tbsp of water.
- You need 2 tbsp of sugar.
Let's just make the beef with snow peas and forget this ever happened…okay? My favorite meat for stir fry is flank steak, because it remains so, so tender when you slice it very thin. Tender beef, loads of peas, and simple spices meld together to create one hearty, totally delicious, true comfort Peas - My mom always used to make this with canned peas but canned or frozen will work. To keep costs low, I "beefed up" the beef by adding potatoes and green peas.
Beef and Peas step by step
- Mix sliced beef with onion salt, sesame oil, apple/grape juice. Store in the fridge for at least an hour. (or all night).
- Remove sliced beef from the fridge. Add egg and maizena. Stir well..
- Heat the oil in a pan (medium heat). Pour all of the mixture into it. Stir occasionally and try to remove the slices from each other..
- Flip the beef occasionally until both sides are golden brown..
- Add frozen peas..
- Combine shoyu, water, and sugar. Stir until well-combined. Add to the pan and lower the heat..
- Simmer for about 10 minutes..
- We enjoy this with steamed rice, but I'm sure with pasta it would taste great as well..
I always try to bulk up beef, which means not only cutting the cost but adding fiber and other nutrients. Heat the oil in a heavy skillet (iron is best) over high heat. Beef and English Peas: Most of the time we think of peas as a side dish or a minor in ingredient in a more complex dish. This stew will make English peas the star of the dish. Beef with Snow Peas is one of those dinners I plan for and look forward to all week!