Matcha Pound Cake. Forming and baking your matcha pound cake. Now it's time to form your pound cake! Spoon half the vanilla cake batter into the bottom of the loaf pan.
Use an offset spatula or knife to swirl the matcha and vanilla cake together. Today, I'll show you how to make one of my favorites - Matcha Marble Pound Cake (抹茶マーブルパウンドケーキ). It's buttery, tender and bursting with a unique green tea flavor - plus the striking emerald swirls make it feel like a luscious, special-occasion treat. You can cook Matcha Pound Cake using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Matcha Pound Cake
- You need 120 g (4.2 oz) of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- It's 95 g of (3.4 oz, 10.5 Tbsp) powdered sugar, or 8 Tbsp glanulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 of eggs, 100g (3.5 oz), room temperature.
- It's 85 g of (3 oz, 7/10 us cup) cake flour.
- You need 10 g (5 tsp) of matcha powder.
- It's 3 g (3/4 tsp) of baking powder.
- Prepare 15 g of (0.5 oz, 2.5 Tbsp) almond flour.
- Prepare of Syrup.
- It's 1 Tbsp of granulated sugar.
- It's 1.5 Tbsp of hot water.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of brandy.
You can slice the pound cake and wrap them individually. In a medium bowl, mix eggs, yolks, and water. Sift cake flour, Matcha powder, and salt together into another bowl. In a medium bowl, combine the cake flour, baking powder and Matcha powder together, sift and set aside.
Matcha Pound Cake step by step
- ★Recipe video★ (my You Tube channel)→https://youtu.be/prj4vszYmd4.
- Grease the pan with butter. Sprinkle bread flour onto the pan. Tap it with your hand to remove excess flour. Let it sit in a fridge. Soften it at room temperature beforehand. Prepare room-temperature eggs..
- Put matcha powder into a bowl while sifting with a tea strainer. Add cake flour and baking powder to the matcha powder. Stir it until evenly, and sift it; set aside. Preheat an oven to 190℃ / 374°F..
- Cream the butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar in 3 parts. (If the powdered sugar form lumps, you should sift it before adding.) Mix well each time. You can replace it with granulated sugar..
- Mix it with a hand mixer on low speed until white and fluffy (for 4 mins). Use a spatula to transfer the edge butter into the center and mix evenly. If you use a whisk, mix it 7-8 mins..
- Beat egg lightly until watery. You should warm the egg in hot water to 35℃ / 95 F if your room is cold. Add it to the butter in 4-5 parts. Mix thoroughly after each addition until creamy. I use a whisk to mix, but it's okay to use a hand mixer (low speed). I think using a whipper will emulsify more than using a mixer..
- Sift almond flour over the batter. Mix well with a spatula until smooth. It's okay to put it in without sifting. If you do so, please mix while crushing the lumps..
- Add dry ingredients while sifting again to prevent matcha lumps from forming. Fold it until powderiness disappears. Please scrape the edge flour off, and fold it into the batter..
- Put the batter into the pan without gaps, as possible. Flatten roughly, and give light shocks to remove gaps. Draw a line with butter. (omittable) If you draw a butter-line on the center, the cake will crack and be baked well. Bake it at 170℃ / 338 F for 30 mins, 160℃ / 320 F for 10 mins..
- Drop the pan to prevent the cake from shrinking. Let it cool for around 20 mins, and remove the cake while it's warm..
- Make syrup. Mix granulated sugar and hot water, stir well to melt the sugar thoroughly. Add brandy and mix roughly..
- Brush all sides with syrup (twice on each side). Double-wrap it with plastic wrap. Let it sit overnight at room temperature. (You should let it sit for at least 3 hours.) Done!.
Cream the butter with half of the sugar until the butter mixture turns light and pale in color. The most tender matcha pound cake made with green tea powder and cream cheese. Enjoy it with a cup of tea in the afternoon. Stores well at room temperature - perfect for edible gifts. Ingredients to bake a matcha pound cake: all-purpose flour, butter, sugar, eggs, salt, and matcha (Japanese green tea powder).