Okara Salad. Transfer the okra to a salad bowl, and toss with the onion, green pepper, and tomato. Pour vinaigrette over okra mixture; toss gently to coat. Arrange on serving plate with tomato slices; if desired.
Instructions In a small saucepan, cook oil, sugar, and vinegar over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Pour vinegar mixture over okra mixture, tossing gently to coat. This salad looks like "Potato salad". You can cook Okara Salad using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Okara Salad
- You need 100 g of okara.
- Prepare 8 cm piece of cucumber.
- It's 3 cm piece of carrot.
- It's 2 tbsp of boiled corn.
- It's 2 slices of ham.
- You need 2~3 tbsp of Onion dressing (→ https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/268146-sweet-sour-onion-dressing-with-tofu).
- You need 1 tsp of soy sauce.
- It's 3~4 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- You need of Salt and pepper for seasoning (optional).
There is not so much moisture in okara so add the liquid like dressing or dashi (broth) or mayonnaise and so on. and adjust to your taste. In large mixing bowl, combine okra, onion-tomato mixture, lemon juice, salt, and chaat masala. Okara is the soybean pulp left over from the process of making tofu. The most general recipe is boiling okara with in carrot, shiitake mushrooms and abura-age (deep-fried tofu) in a sweetened soup stock.
Okara Salad step by step
- Slice cucumber thinly, sprinkle salt on it, and leave for 5 mins. Wash with water, drain well..
- Cut carrot into small bite sized pieces, boil lightly or use a microwave..
- Cut ham into 1 cm squares..
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Season with anything to taste..
Place the leaves of lettuce on the toast, a pile tablespoon of tuna-okara mixture on top. Sprinkle each with remaining green onion and little paprika. Line a plate with paper towels. Add half of okra to oil, and stir to prevent them from sticking together. While Crunchy Okra-and-Corn Salad with Ranch Dressing is tasty on its own, you can make it heartier by adding shredded rotisserie chicken, crumbled cooked bacon, or chopped hard-cooked eggs—or all three, for a new take on a Cobb salad.