Sauerkraut, and Meatball Soup. Browned beef meatballs and sauerkraut are combined in a creamy soup base make with chicken bouillon and evaporated milk. Pour milk mixture into stock pot and then add sauerkraut and meat balls to soup. Best Sauerkraut Soup Recipe with Meatballs.
It is actually a very easy and simple soup to make, but tastes like you spent all day on it! The flavor from the meatballs blend right into the soup creating a perfect marriage! To make meatballs, place all ingredients in a bowl and mix with hands to combine. You can cook Sauerkraut, and Meatball Soup using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sauerkraut, and Meatball Soup
- It's of Soup.
- It's 1 pound of beef meatballs see my recipes.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter.
- It's 1 pound of potatoes.
- You need 1/2 pound of carrots.
- It's 1 of medium red onion.
- Prepare 28 ounce of can sauerkraut.
- You need 1 quart of mushroom broth.
- You need 2 quarts of beef broth.
- Prepare 1/2 pound of ziti rigati pasta.
- You need 1/3 pound of summer sausage.
- Prepare of Spices.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of summer savory.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of parsley.
- It's of To taste salt.
- You need of To taste ground black pepper.
- It's of To taste ground white pepper.
- It's 5 of whole juniper berries.
With wet hands, roll mixture into walnut-size balls. I know what you are thinking, sauerkraut in soup????? What could be better than tender meatballs in a hearty broth right? Add in some potatoes and sauerkraut and you have a perfect meal for these fall evenings!
Sauerkraut, and Meatball Soup instructions
- Wash, peel, and slice the potatoes then cut into manageable pieces. Wash, peel, and slice the carrots. Slice the garlic. Peel the summer sausage slice as thick as the potatoes. Now quarter the sausage slices..
- Brown in a pot the meatballs in the butter. Set meatballs aside. Add potatoes, garlic, onions, and carrots and sauté in the butter and liquids in the pot that had the meatballs. Add in the mushroom broth, juniper berries, and spices. Chop the juniper berries..
- Drain and rinse the sauerkraut. Add to the pot the sauerkraut and pasta with the vegetables along with the meatballs..
- Add half the beef broth. After 15 minutes add the rest of the broth. Allow to cook covered for 30 minutes. Serve with bread I hope you enjoy!!!.
Of course, the sauerkraut gives it just the right amount of. This stew with meatballs and sauerkraut is a dish of Saxon origin. What sets it apart from a traditional Romanian recipe is the use of the wine This stew with meatballs and sauerkraut is actually a German/Romanian cooked by the Transylvanian Saxons who have been living in Romania for. Pour remaining ingredients in a sauce pan. Test one meatball (I know this is hard- LOL) to make sure it's done.