Veg Lunch Thali.
You can have Veg Lunch Thali using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Veg Lunch Thali
- You need of For pointed gourd subzi.
- It's 1/2 kg of pointed gourd (parval).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of mustard- cummin seeds.
- It's 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 pinch of Baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Coriander jeera powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of jaggery.
- You need 1/2 of lemon juice.
- It's to taste of Salt.
- You need As needed of Chopped coriander leaves to garnish.
- You need of For boiled brown rice.
- Prepare 1 cup of brown rice (wash and soaked for 2hours).
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need of Phulka rotis, Tur tadka dal recipes shared before.
Veg Lunch Thali instructions
- To prepare pointed gourd (parval) subzi. Wash and peel pointed. Make slices discard inner seed part..
- In kadhai add heat oil add mustard cummin seeds as they splutter add & mix turmeric powder and sliced pointed gourd. Add & mix salt and soda bi carb, cover with plate filled with water.(You can boiled it in pressure cooker for 3 whistles). In between stirring occasionally, cook till it is tender. Add red chilli powder, dhania jeera powder jaggery and lemon juice, mix and saute for 2 minutes. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves..
- To prepare boiled brown rice.. wash brown rice 3 times in water. Soak for at least 2 hours. Pressure cook for 4 whistles with 2 cups of water and salt to taste. Strain boiled brown rice to remove excess water..
- Refer my Tur Tadka Dal, Phulka rotis Recipes shared before..
- In one Veg Lunch Thali,serve 3 phulka rotis,1 bowl of pointed gourd subzi, 1 bowl of tur dal, 2 boiled beetroot slices(salad), 1 bowl of mango pieces, 1 bowl of boiled brown rice, 1 glass buttermilk for complete lunch platter..