Authentic Chilled Pasta with an Oil Based Sauce.
You can have Authentic Chilled Pasta with an Oil Based Sauce using 15 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Authentic Chilled Pasta with an Oil Based Sauce
- Prepare 180 of to 200 grams Capellini (thin long pasta).
- Prepare 6 tbsp of Garlic oil or extra virgin olive oil (https://cookpad.com/en/recipes/154290-garlic-chips-and-garlic-oil).
- You need 1 tbsp of Grated garlic (If using extra virgin olive oil).
- You need 1 of to 1 1/2 teaspoons A. Lemon juice (bottled).
- You need 1 tbsp of plus to 1 1/2 tablespoons, (to taste) A. Honey.
- It's 1 tsp of A. Balsamic vinegar.
- It's 2 tbsp of A. White wine.
- Prepare 1 tsp of A. Soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of A. Water.
- You need 1 of A. Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 of B. Fresh or dried basil (if you have some).
- Prepare 1 of B. Capers (if you have some).
- You need 3 cm of worth B. Finely chopped celery (if you have some).
- It's 1 of B. Sliced red chili pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of Additions of your choice (tomatoes, seafoods, canned ingredients, etc.).
Authentic Chilled Pasta with an Oil Based Sauce instructions
- Put all the A ingredients in a bowl, and mix well with a whisk. Taste, and season it very well with salt and pepper..
- Put the C (additional) ingredients in another bowl, season with salt and pepper and leave for 15 minutes. Put it in the first bowl with the B ingredients, mix well and chill in the refrigerator..
- I used tomatoes, sashimi grade boiled octopus, and additional new harvest spring onion. Just use whatever you have in your refrigerator..
- Put 1 liter of cold water and 1 tablespoon of salt in a bowl. Mix well to make chilled salted water. Put in some ice cubes to make it even colder..
- Boil the pasta in plenty of salted water. Cook pasta for cold dishes 30 seconds to a minute longer than indicated on the package..
- Drain the cooked pasta into a colander, and then cool it down under cold running water. Drain well again, and put it into the Step 5 chilled salted water for 1-2 minutes, to firm up the pasta..
- The reason for putting the pasta in the chilled salted water is to add a little saltiness to the pasta, since chilled pasta dishes tend to taste bland. Please be sure to do this..
- Drain the chilled and salt-water soaked pasta well. Wrap it in paper towels in serving-sized portions, and soak up more moisture..
- Put the well drained pasta into the chilled bowl of ingredients from Step 2, and mix well. Taste, and do the final flavor adjusting by adding salt and pepper if needed..
- Transfer to serving plates, grind on some black pepper, and enjoy..
- This is not oily, not too sour, and you can add all kinds of ingredients. Please serve them with all the sauce so that the pasta is immersed in it. I love this dish..
- Here I served a small amount as an appetizer. You can enjoy it even in wintertime this way..
- Capers keep for quite a long time, so they are handy to have stocked in the refrigerator for making carpaccio or marinades..
- The garlic oil I used in this recipe (https://cookpad.com/en/recipes/154290-garlic-chips-and-garlic-oil) can be kept for a while and is really useful. I recommend making a big batch. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/154290-garlic-chips-and-garlic-oil.